Calorie food classification

calorie foodsThe calories is a simplified indicator of the energy value of a food. This energy value is used in Nutrition and DieteticsIt is often expressed in Kcal per 100 grams of food. The nutritional value of a food is calculated from its composition in macronutrients ((carbohydrates, protein, lipids). In fact, foods are made up of these macronutrients and micronutrients ((vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and amino acids). These macronutrients make up 98% of our food with water. Although micronutrients make up only the remaining 2%, they are essential for the proper functioning of the body and any deficiency can lead to disease (eg Vit C deficiency causes scurvy). From the nutritional composition, not all foods have the same calorie content. Here is one calorie classification food.

From 0 to 50 Kcal

The very low calorie foods between 0 and 50 Kcal
Top 3 food categories “zero calories“:
– The spices (0 Kcal),
– The vegetables (10 – 50 kcal)
– The fresh fruits (10 – 50 Kcal)

low calorie foods

From 200 to 350 kcal

The enough calorie foods between 200 and 350 kcal
Category ready meals and fast food (McDo, Quick, …), traditional and industrial pastries. Foods high in fat or sugar with which vigilance is required!!

calories MacDo

From 50 to 100 kcal

All low calorie foods between 50 and 100 kcal
We are there: red and yellow fruits, the dairy products, and fish. Slightly nutritious, these foods allow you to enjoy the taste without being careful about the quantity!

calorie fish

From 350 to 500 kcal

All foods with a lot of calories from 350 to 500 kcal
These very nutritious foods should be eaten limited quantity; but don’t forget why they bring basic micronutrients. We are there: cheeses, the flour and industrial bakery products.

calories with calories

From 100 to 200 kcal

All medium calories between 100 and 200 kcal
In this category there are: legumes and wholegrain, the white and red meats, some alcohol and ready meals.

legume

From 500 to 1000 kcal

All high calorie foods from 500 to 1000 kcal
Here is the food to gain weight : their catches increases energy intake, but be careful to maintain nutritional balance and diversity.

calories meringue cake rhubarb

The energy values ​​of the macronutrients that make up food are as follows:
How many calories in 1 gr of protein = 4 kcal : necessary for the construction and repair of the organization.
How many calories in 1 gr of carbohydrates (carbohydrates) = 4 kcal : source of energy and fuel.
How many calories in 1 g of lipid = 9 kcal : necessary for the nervous, immune, hormonal and hematopoietic systems.

To lose weight, it is obvious that a balance between gain and loss of calories is essential, so you need to monitor your diet. diet. The more the calories in a food are high, the more you have to be careful about it consumption and cooking method. It is always possible to eat high-calorie foods, but in lower amounts and cooked without fat (papillote, grilling). Indeed, a rich diet without daily energy consumption leads to storage in the form of fat mass.

Calorie food classification
4.9 (98%) 32 votes