Want to lose weight and don’t really know how to do it? To lose weight permanently, it is best to do some food adjustments and some exercises instead of losing weight unnecessarily.
You can lose a few pounds successfully in two conditions: change your eating habits and increase your physical activity. If you do not exercise today, it is not necessary to do sports, but a daily walk or a little swimming every week can already do a lot.
Watch out! If you you need to lose five pounds or more, go see a doctor or dietitian because you need regular monitoring.
The basic rules for weight loss
To change your diet, you need to slightly reduce calorie intakethat is, first of all, fatty and fast sugars. It is important to respect good nutrition practices (see “Guide to Good Nutrition Practices”) by adding a few simple rules.
- Don’t skip meals, especially breakfast which should remain generous. Eat a light meal at night.
- Do not eat anything except meals. If you are hungry between meals, drink a full glass of water, coffee or tea without sugar. Also drink before lunch and in the middle of a meal.
- Continue to eat starchy foods with every meal : pasta, rice, potatoes or bread. They provide a feeling of satiety and provide the energy you need, as well as fiber. On the other hand, what accompanies them should be limited: fatty sauces, butter, cheese, fresh cream, etc. It is therefore essential that you consume these starchy foods on their own or with sugar-free or fat-free spices.
- Remove the sugary soft drinks ;
- Remove alcohol and beer. You can continue to drink wine, preferably red, limiting yourself to one glass a day.
- Avoid eating out of your home, as it is more difficult to control your diet. In restaurants it is sometimes possible, with friends it is more difficult … If you have a good meal with many people, then you should try to reduce the quantities and above all never use another dish.
- Choose lean meat and favors poultry, without skin, fish and crustaceans.
- Beware of hidden fats : Avoid all meat meats with sauces, fatty meats, milk-rich grits, butter or cream, Swiss cheese and eggs, fried foods, pastries and pastries, sweets and chocolate, ice cream, aperitif cakes.
- Eat vegetables at will and in all their forms: raw, cooked, in soup.
- Eat two fruits a day, but no more.
- Meats: grilled or grilled.
- Fish: grilled, grilled or in the microwave, or on aluminum foil;
- Vegetables: steamed, washed or microwave.
- Make the spices and sauces as low as possible: add a little oil, butter or cream, then use the lemon, yogurt, cube broth and soy sauce, finally season to taste with aromatic herbs and spices.
To lose weight you need to rely on some solid principles:
- Give yourself time, at least a month to lose 2 to 3 pounds.
- Avoid lust and fatigue.
- Follow the rules at the beginning.
- Avoid vitamin and metal deficiencies.
- Do not use medications or special dietary foods.
- Maintain maximum dietary enjoyment.
To lose weight, determination above all!
By following these dietary rules, to lose weight it is good to know how to choose the least active foods. It is therefore helpful to know in general the nutritional value of certain common foods (see “Discovering the nutritional value of foods”).
You’re gone be determined and do not give in to all temptations. The first week is often difficult, but the first kilo lost is encouraging! However, small deviations are allowed provided they are exceptional. It is up to you to find a balance without getting obsessed with food and frustration. Otherwise, you risk breaking down and starting to go crazy, then feel guilty and go back to yourself and fall into a completely unproductive cycle compared to your weight loss goal!
Discover the “6 months to reduce” guide
Do you need other arguments to consolidate your determination? Also read the article The 10 Keys to Weight Loss … No Diet on Aufeminin Website.
Updated on September 10, 2018
- ANSES Opinion on the Risk Assessment Request Related to Diet Weight Loss Practices – May 2011 – ANAES
- Weight Loss Risk Assessment Report Weight Loss Practices – November 2010 – ANAES (
- Weight Loss Recommendation Booklet – ANAES – May 2011 (
- Overweight and Obesity in Adults: First Aid Medical Care Recommendations for Clinical Practice – Skeptic – September 2011 – High Principle of Health (