The basic principles of the 1200 calorie diet per day
On average, an active woman needs 2,000 calories a day. By consuming only 1,200 calories, the body is forced to draw a lot from its reserves to compensate, resulting in weight loss. In general, this low calorie diet allows you to lose between 1.5 and 2 pounds a week when well maintained. It usually lasts 3 weeks: it is not recommended to continue it longer (unless your doctor advises otherwise), so that the body does not get too tired. A “classic” 1200 week diet can be divided into 3 phases, one phase per week. Each requires 1200 calories a day. The first phase is the strictest in terms of “forbidden foods”, but new foods are reintroduced during the other two phases.
The 1st phase
In the first phase, you need to limit as much as possible carbohydrates (sugars) and lipids (fats) to encourage the body to extract from its fat stores. Example menu for one day:
- Breakfast: hot drink (tea or coffee without milk or sugar), accompanied by whole nuts.
- Lunch: white meat (or fish) accompanied by boiled potatoes. A light yogurt is allowed for dessert.
- Dinner: a boiled egg with unlimited green vegetables (steamed cooking). You can eat seasonal fruits for dessert.
The 2nd phase
During this phase, lipids and sugar are a little more present, but always in small amounts. Specific example:
- Breakfast: hot drink (tea or coffee, possibly “sweet” with sweetener) accompanied by slices of wholemeal bread lightly spread with light butter.
- Lunch: white meat or fish with unlimited steamed vegetables. For dessert, enjoy a light yogurt and seasonal fruit.
- Dinner: white ham with raw vegetables, followed by white cheese 0% m.g. and seasonal fruits.
The 3rd phase
During this phase, new foods need to be reintroduced, especially red meat (but as fat as possible at first). Example:
- Breakfast: a bowl of cereal and seasonal fruit.
- Lunch: raw vegetables and low-fat beef, followed by light yogurt.
- Dinner: two eggs with unlimited steamed vegetables. A fresh seasonal fruit will serve as a dessert.
The gradual repetition of the “normal” diet
Do not start eating “normally” at the end of the 1200 calorie diet: gradually find a diet with more calories for several days, maintaining the good habits acquired during the diet (example: cooking without added fat, sugar substitutes for sweeteners).
Advantages and disadvantages of the daily diet of 1200 calories
First advantage: this diet allows you to lose several pounds quickly. In addition, as long as care is taken to differentiate the menus, there is no great risk of nutritional deficiencies, as it does not exclude any food family. This diet also teaches you to eat healthier: it gives good eating habits that reduce the risk of weight gain when the diet is stopped. At least, if we do not “break” completely, because there is one of the major disadvantages of the 1200 calorie diet: it is not easy to follow …
Low calorie intake can actually lead to fatigue, lower morale and discouragement. However, who says that “cracking” often says “yo-yo effect” on balance … Another downside: this diet really needs to be strictly adhered to in order to function properly. But it’s not always easy to know the number of calories in each dish … One solution is to follow the menus set by a nutritionist, but there are also apps that calculate the number of calories in your meals … Last point It should be noted: this diet is contraindicated during pregnancy.
– 12 recipes for each day with less than 300 calories
– 10 tablespoons of satiety for a meal under 300 calories
– 10 gourmet salad recipes with less than 300 calories
– Zen and our easy diet